Caring for your jewelry ✨
Obviously, you care about looking great. Here are some tips to make sure your Tusi pieces stay looking great as well.
925 Sterling Silver is one of the most beautiful and lustrous metals. It is an alloy made of 92.5% pure silver. It's a great choice for those who want beautiful, long lasting and affordable jewelry.
Gold filled jewelry is made by bonding a thick layer of gold onto a base metal core. It is much higher quality than gold plated jewelry, is more durable than vermeil jewelry, and is more affordable than solid gold. Gold filled jewelry is a great choice for those who want longevity and the look of gold without the high price tag.
Stainless Steel Enamel.
Stainless steel jewelry is a durable and low-maintenance option made by combining steel with chromium to resist rust and tarnishing. Our stainless steel enamel jewelry is made by applying a layer of coloured glass onto stainless steel to achieve a stylish, resilient, and budget-friendly option.
- Wear your pieces regularly (and show them off)! This is the easiest way to maintain their shine. The natural oils from your skin will prevent tarnish over time.
- When washing your hands, it's okay if your pieces get soapy or wet temporarily, but make sure you dry them off right away.
- When not wearing them for longer periods, store them in a safe, dry place. You can use the velvet drawstring pouch your Tusi item came with.
- For longer term storage, try to keep your pieces in an airtight place like a resealable bag with the air pushed out to prevent as much exposure to air and humidity as possible.
- If you use a separate jewelry box, it's a good idea to keep a packet of silica gel in the box to reduce moisture and humidity.
- Apply sprays, lotions, perfumes, creams, etc. before wearing your pieces. There's a reason jewelry is called the "finishing touch" to an outfit.
- To clean and remove tarnish from your jewelry, polish gently with a jewelry polishing cloth.
Avoid contact with
- perfume or cologne
- hairspray, lotions, and cosmetics
- bleaches or other harsh cleaning materials or chemicals
- chlorine (swimming pools, hot tubs, etc.)
- saltwater (oceans, the Dead Sea, the Red Sea, the Black Sea, etc.)